Virus detection - bloodstone.exe

Ajuda com problemas relacionados ao funcionamento do jogo.
isicheesy

Virus detection - bloodstone.exe

Mensagempor isicheesy » Qua Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello there,

I just want to inform you guys about the virus detected in the launcher and the .exe:

BloodStone\BloodStone\client.exe is infected by Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.2.gE0@a0rb4

pelichjohn

Re: Virus detection - bloodstone.exe

Mensagempor pelichjohn » Qua Jan 22, 2020 11:34 pm

I mean I scanned it with multiple different programs, MalWare Bytes and Windows defender and found nothing so thats kinda weird.

isicheesy

Mensagempor isicheesy » Qui Jan 23, 2020 3:16 am

I tried with Bitdefender and symantec - same results.

I can unpack the downloaded .zip file without warnings but as soon as i start the launcher to update the game i get the virus warning and the .exe and launcher get deleted and I dont wanna risk to set an exception for bloodstone in the AV settings because you never know... will look into it on a seperate system and see if its something "serious" or just a false positive

pelichjohn

Mensagempor pelichjohn » Qui Jan 23, 2020 10:03 am

Please do, I used hitman pro and the client.exe came back as (Trojan.GenericKD.42273425) and this is all starting to freak me out a bit. I know it's quite possible that its just a false positive because scanners are only looking for behavior of programs and this game probably doesn't use state of the art files. Still if you could put my mind at ease or someone from the game could actually come post here about it that would be really nice.

pelichjohn

Mensagempor pelichjohn » Qui Jan 23, 2020 10:19 am

So after have some discussions with people I know they said it's totally possible for it to be a false positive because the client is constantly trying to make changes to your computer files by updating maps and such, also its an indie company from brasil so maybe they are using older coding to do these things? I'm not sure, not an expert :D but when they said this to me it kind of put my mind at ease though it would be much better if they could verify this.

isicheesy

Mensagempor isicheesy » Sex Jan 24, 2020 2:59 am

So after have some discussions with people I know they said it's totally possible for it to be a false positive because the client is constantly trying to make changes to your computer files by updating maps and such, also its an indie company from brasil so maybe they are using older coding to do these things? I'm not sure, not an expert :D but when they said this to me it kind of put my mind at ease though it would be much better if they could verify this.
The thing is, even if the game updates your map file while exploring new areas or updates files by the launcher (due to game updates) it should NEVER do changes to other system related files and therefore you don’t get an AV warning.

If I read comments about GM abuses and other stuff I am not sure if its „safe“.. I will post my results on the upcoming weekend but I don’t trust this.
What makes me more think about is that there is zero response from the game devs on any topics.. not a good sign right after a game gets released but lets see.

tamaxmus
Site Admin
Nickname: Goku
Contato:

Mensagempor tamaxmus » Sex Jan 24, 2020 1:37 pm

It is a false positive. After doing some tests, we found some antivirus like bitdefender that are accusing our external link(crystal store of the bloodstoneonline) as a trojan, that doesn't make any sense. You can unzip it is totally safe.

pelichjohn

Mensagempor pelichjohn » Sáb Jan 25, 2020 10:16 am

Yeah Tax I figured, I couldn't understand why a game that I personally have already spent a bunch of money on and other I know too buying Crystal's and other things would do this, even if the game never grew from here having this many dedicated people to buy things trumps maybe ransomwaring them? Though my only lingering concern is whether a rogue agent or employee could have possibly done something? I dont know but I surely hope not xD I'm enjoying the game too much

zefireq

Mensagempor zefireq » Qui Jan 30, 2020 7:12 am

Virustotal scan shows that quite a few anitivir softwares detect a trojan. It is kind of off putting and I've seen more people worried about it. Is there a chance you can do anything with it in the near future?

Scan is here.

fresq

Mensagempor fresq » Qui Jan 30, 2020 11:31 pm

Virustotal scan shows that quite a few anitivir softwares detect a trojan. It is kind of off putting and I've seen more people worried about it. Is there a chance you can do anything with it in the near future?

Scan is here.
Agreed! The game staff should fix this as soon as possible! Casual people who play this game won't just ignore they antiviruses advice.

Even when people say it's a "false positive" I just don't trust that there ain't no security fail that allow someone to hack my computer.

Voltar para “Suporte técnico”